Monday, April 03, 2006

Miu Miu: Cinderalla Syndrom

I was walking down Prince Street in SoHo the other day, mostly I was looking for a new couch, and lo and behold, there in the Miu Miu window was one of prettiest pairs of shoes I have seen in my life. I'll admit that they teeter-totter on the precipice of five-year-old-girl dress-up shoes, but then again, the smart modish design pulls them back in and saves them from going over the edge.

This image is not the actual pair that I saw. These are gold and the ones in the window are silver. You can see them on the Miu Miu site, where they're featured in an ad. This pair is being sold at Neiman Marcus for $485, which means that they're about as likely to end up permanantly on my feet as either of Cinderella's wicked step sisters.

No comments: