Monday, July 24, 2006

Jane Magazine: So-called Nude Sanaa

A bunch of so-called naked celebs are featured in the August issue of Jane magazine, and of course, none of them are actually naked as opposed to carefully draped with sheets, towels and their own hands, though there are one or two very fuzzily-shot ass shots--all very artistic, natch.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Sanaa, I think both her beauty and acting chops are very under-appreciated so I chose her image to display here. Plus, I liked her comments best. She said:

"I love my butt. It's big. And my boyfriends have always seemed to love it. Now I'm starting to love my nose, too. I didn't like it when I was growing up. It's not tiny and it kind of spreads when I smile, but I'm getting to appreciate the uniqueness of it."


I'm not surprised that Sanaa appreciates her butt, but it's nice to hear a black woman give props to her, I assume, plastic-surgery-free nose (which, btw, looks basically perfect to me). Turn the page and you get the opposite take from white snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler who feels her butt and legs are "more voluptuous than I'd like." I have a dream that one day women will stop obsessing over their bodies. Well, a girl can fantasize, can't she??


^^Sanaa Latham: Future acting plans: "Nip/Tuck" and a tv production of "A Raisin in the Sun."

Photographed by Matt Jones

No comments: