Thursday, September 21, 2006

Etnies/Laces Party

Etnies has a party at its Soho showroom on September 19th, a event that was thrown in part to celebrate the launch of the brand at Louis Colon's all-female, New York sneaker boutique, Laces. As you can see from the images below, the female sneaker freaks were out in force.

Here's how these images work. The first one is a closeup of some Etnies women's shoes, and then after that, you get an image of a girl and then under her are the sneakers she's wearing. Easy, right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Featured Etnies offerings for the gulls.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Strike a pose there's nothing to it! Judging by how fast this fabulous girl whipped into pose mode, I gotta guess that I'm not the first to have ever asked her for a picture!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Note how the green logo matches her belt perfectly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Sadly, this image does NOT do this woman's beautiful red hair justice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^She's wearing Lamb sneaks, which match up perfectly with her style and energy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Love, love, LOVE this chick's look.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Love her kick-ass kicks even more!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^This girl was such a sweetheart. You can't seem them well here, but she had the cutest Bettie Paige bangs. Near colors on the tee, right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Her sneakers (Are they Jordans? Help me out readers!) were a gift from her boyfriend. I call a guy like that marriage material!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^This woman took a vintage look....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^....and updated it with some sweet-as-can-be sneakers.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^I loved the belt. I could never work this look, but it totally works for her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^^Sorry, but the close-up image of her shoes didn't come out great (It's not easy getting good, clear shots of white sneakers when using a flash.)

Despite all the sneakerage featured here, I would have included chicks in heels had I seen ones whose style I was into mainly because on no level do I think streetwear is only about kicks, hell no. Maybe for guys, but for women, that's only one chapter of the story. Most chicks who like kicks can floss any variety of styles, from sneaker-based, to high fashion and vamping with "lip gloss shining." I hate to describe the look as "fierce" cause that poor word had to retire early due to overuse in the 90s, so I'll go with a combination of forceful and definitely not-to-be-messed with.

p.s. I was also supposed to visit Vans to check out its women's line but because I'm a total MAROON, I spaced out my appointment. Whoever out there has the giant dunce cap, pass it my way cause it's my turn to wear it!

4 comments:

Butterfly Jones said...

Wow. Those ´trainers´are all wicked. I´m slacking on my cool trainers. The trainers you´re asking about are adidas not Jordans - see the back of the trainers there´s a bit ´trefoil´. I think they´re either Patrick Ewings, or a style called Metro Attitude which I used to have a pair of.

Lois said...

Let it be known--Butterfly Jones' sneaker game is TIGHT! I think I got thrown off on the brand cuz in Brooklyn the 'round the way girls get Jordans from boyfriends/family. Adidas just doesn't get much play in this borough.

Butterfly Jones said...

lol - hey, you can´t be a b-girl and not know about da trainerz. It´s part of the uniform. And it was all about the twice yearly visits to NYC to get fresh ´kicks.

Anonymous said...

Yup, those are Adidas Metro Attitude, "All Odd" colorway