Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I Hate Gwyneth Paltrow

I have a pathological dislike of Gwyneth Paltrow. Granted, in virtually every interview she's ever done, she inevitably makes some glaringly dopey comment that shines a bright light on how incredibly privilidged and sheltered her life has been, however, because I am a mature hater, I realize that the degree to which I dislike her is borderline irrational and that I am probably projecting some sort of Jungian shadow onto her that has nothing to do with her and everything to do with me.

Still, even though I know it's MY problem, you can imagine my "delight" when I came across this video the other day of Gwyneth singing BACK-UP for Jay Z's "Song Cry"!!



Christ, the one song in Jay's entire repertoire in which he raps about heartfelt emotions and he asks this shallow chick to do back-up and she says yes cause some part of her brain actually thinks she can pull of the vocals of an old-school soul singer. Talk about song cry, I was on the floor sobbing by the time she was finished murdering it!

No comments: