Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hong Kong sneaker video

Here's a video of a bunch of sneaker stores in Mong Kok, Hong Kong.



For those of you who don't like to click things, I pasted images from the video below.

First off, the way the stores are set up totally remind me of all the sneaker stores along Canal Street in Chinatown, New York. And the second thing that stands out is the lack of Nike. I've heard that Adidas is now the sneaker sales leader in Japan so I guess it's not that surprising, but still, not a single swoosh? The thing is, I have no idea who made this video so for all I know, Adidas planted it on YouTube. That's probably not true, but when it comes to how giant corporations market their brands these days, I tend to be paranoid.


^^Adicolor appears to be much more popular in Hong Kong than it is in New York


^^Vans is a hot shoe there too


^^Where's Nike???


^^BAPE stocked on the shelves like what?

Thanks to Kick-Fiend for the link to the video.

No comments: