Monday, September 18, 2006

Shit Talking

"We thought we were so badass. Then NWA came out rapping about this world where you walk out of your house and you get shot. It was just so clear what supid little white-boy poseurs we were. It was like, 'All right, we can give up the act.' If you're talking about which lifestyle is more hard-core, the one where you get shot always wins." --Axl Rose, quote in New York magazine taken from VMA interview.

"I have no comment about that. Of course life is tough. But you go out and everything is beautiful. What it is, it is. I'm innocent, and hopefully the government will realize that I am. Everyone I know has stuck by me. They call, they support, they come visit me." --Jacob "The Jeweler" Arabo, who was spotted at Beyonce's b-day party and responded to New York magazine's question: "How's everything going with the indictment?"

"It was not a romantic, fabulous moment. Honey there were no tunes playing. It was like, 'Get me out of here.'" --Kelis at MVA, responing to New York magazine's question: "What song did you lose your virginity to?"

"The fabuolous crowd is way worse. The thug crowd, you talk to them, explain they're not getting in, they handle. The special people., they're fabulous, 'nuff said. They're used to getting their way so they can't understand you can't let their ten friends in, things like that." --Disco, New York club Bungalo 8's doorman, in response to Mass Appeal magazine's question: "What's a harder club to work, the thug crowd or the fabulous crowd?"

"Not one night, but one week--Fashion Week is the illest. Just listen to how it sounds. Fashion Week. No knock on the fashion world, but everyone aint somebody, sorry. Everyone's special, everyone's a model. It's just real extra. You deal with a lot of BS that week." --Disco, responding to Mass Appeal magazine's question "What's the worst night of the week to work the door?"

"I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer. I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time. I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important. I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live." --Bettie Page, as quoted in Nylon magazine.

No comments: