Wednesday, May 23, 2007

As Idle as a Painted Ship upon a Painted Sea

Sorry for the lack of images lately. I've been searching around the Internet for the past week or so and I haven't seen much that's worth posting. I'm feeling like we're in this fashion lull moment. Oh well. That happens. If you're not a design genius capable of taking the world by storm, you just have to wait it out. In the meantime, I was thoroughly amused by the t-shirt my downstair's neighbor was wearing yesterday. He swears it's a real company and that he got it from one of its employees, who lives down the street from us.



Too funny, no? And I pretty much hate poop-related humor. Hate.

For what it's worth, over at ChicksWithKicks, I did an interview with 80%20 designer Ce Ce Chin and I also posted up some images from the June Elle magazine that I thought were neat. M.O.B. designer Leah sent some images of her summer 2007 line, which feature her lil' sis Sweet Sixteen. Coney Island and its locals served as a background for the shoot. Leah's designs as always are awesom, but the images, while beautiful, are sadly emblematic of what the future holds for Coney Island. Out with the old and worn out and in with the new. It's progress people, but dammit, in the case of what is happening to the Coney Island amusement park it makes me think of a small angry dog, sitting on its haunches with its head held back as its owner drags it forward utterly against its will.

No comments: