Friday, December 14, 2007

Reeboks Wit the Straps!

I am a sucker for songs that call out fashion trends, but especially if they feature beats that make you want to get up up and shake your booty. Which is why I'm LOVING the song "Low" by Flo-Rida (somehow T-Pain is involved, too). In "Low," the key lines in the hook are: "Shorty had them Apple Bottom Jeans and the boots with the fur'''" which alternates with "Them baggy sweat pants and the Reeboks with a strap.." Too cute!

I'm not sure about the evolution of Flo-Rida's song "Low" 'cause even though I just started hearing it, there are YouTube videos of people dancing to it from a year ago (though maybe it was T-Pain's magic touch that got it mainstream attention). The official video is very much just okay, but maybe now that's it rocketing to the top of the charts, they'll redo it and get some more dance action.

Crap official video or not, there's a bunch of homemade videos of people dancing around to the song, and these are my faves:

This little girl is Awesome with a capitol A:


A very adorable foursome, I love the girls jumpsuit-y thinger:


Cheerleaders, which, I can NOT believe their advisor let these Wholesome County white girls do a routine to this, but oh well, the world aint what it used to be and that is a great thing as far as I'm concerned:


And this one just 'cause the way the whole "no homo" state of mind has infected the rap world, the sight of dudes gettin' down has become a total rarity and plus, I think it's funny how they sort of act out the lyrics by pointing to their sneakers when Flo-Rida sings "Reeboks with the straps...," which, while very four-year old/Hokey-Pokey dance move-y of them, is also just too damned adorable.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

wow, awesome finds! i'll have to watch these later with sound.

-random fellow fan of 'Low' for the same reasons

Anonymous said...

That cheerleading routine is just adorable! I'd be so proud if that were my daughter out there. Say what you will, those pelvic thrusts are good practice for what the rest of their lives have in store for them.