Tuesday, December 12, 2006

We ALL Want Wide-Legged Jeans?

Lucky claims that as a counterpoint to skinny jeans, girls are on the hunt for "wide-legged" (call a spade a spade, girls, they're bell bottoms!) jeans. Is that true? Or does fashion reflexively thrash around for the exact opposite when any fashion item seems to get too mainstream even if the item that's popular very simply hasn't run it's course? The answer to the second question is yes. Fashionistas are always in desperate serach of what's next and that which will separate them from the masses. Nothing wrong with that, but when it comes from an individual who just wants to be FIRST as opposed to someone who actually has vision, then it rings false and forced as, I feel, these bellbottoms do here.


^^For those of you who disagree with me, these jeans can be purchased at BuyBaxter.com for $384.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do see where you're comming from and you make a good point. Though I personally prefer Bell Bottoms over straight leg. The bell bottoms the model is wearing I think are super cute and more flattering than skinny jeans. I hope bell bottoms come back once again and not hidden under the term wide legs or flares. Those are clearly bell bottoms, tight on the thigh and flare out at the knee greatly to just cover the shoe.

Lois said...

I like this cut, too. And yeah, in general it's more flattering than skinny jeans. I want a pair, but I'm on the hunt for a dress pair, not denim.

Anonymous said...

Those jeans are great. Wide legs are actually comming back this fall. They are starting to make their appearance everyhwere. I think huge flares and bell bottoms are also going to be seen more. I just bought a pair of true religion bell bottoms. The style is named Jill. First I did not like them that much because the bell was so big at the bottom that it covered my whole shoe and you couldnt see my feet. But after a while I started really liking the look and I received many complements wearing them. Since the bell is very big at the bottom it hides my big hips. I am also seeing other women wearing bell bottoms too.

Lois said...

Marissa: What shoes do you wear with 'em?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lois, I usually wear my Puma sneakers with them or a small heel to dress them up. The True Religion Jill's bell measures 14 inches laying flat (28" circumfrence) so its really big at the bottom. I really like the fit and defintily suggest them. You should check em out.