Thursday, February 01, 2007

Whirlwind Tour

I'm back from my trip out West and starting to recover from all the crazy deadlines before that. As far as the show was concerned, besides my feet hurting the whole time(thanks to a blister I got from a comfort shoe, which will remain nameless), I hate to say this, but it's not looking good for sneakers. The world is moving on people. I say that not so much because of what I've seen in the athletic footwear booths (Nike doesn't even have one on the main floor--it basically hides out in a suite and sees a very limited number of its customers, mainly for closeouts, too), but because of what I see when I look at the fashion portion of non-athletic footwear lines. In recent years, a lot of lifestyle shoes were clearly athletic-inspired. This year, the fashion inspiration came from either vulcanized styles (a la Vans or Chuck Taylor) or outdoor-inspired looks.

Anyway, this won't be much of a post. I'm just trying to get back into the groove of posting. I know from looking at my traffic that I've got a lot of catching up to do, but my schedule for the next month is pretty light so expect a lot more frequent updating than you've seen for the past month or so.

No comments: